Dish inspired by my go to order at Wagamamas! Fiery, spicy and sweet sauce- so tasty!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 handful of dried arbol chillies (you can find these in the spice section of supermarkets)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 3 chicken breasts- cut into long strips (you could also use prawn or tofu)
- 1 handful of cornflour
- 3-4 peppers- a mix of red and green, cut into chunks
- 2 large or 4 small white onions, cut into chunks
- 1 pack of mangetout
- 1 pack of spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli
- Sticky rice
- Black and white sesame seeds
- Lime wedge
- Shichimi powder (japanese chilli seaweed powder)- optional
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp sriracha sauce (more if you like it spicy)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 0.5 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp vinegar
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 2 tsp cornflour mixed with hot water
- Put the rice on the boil according to packet instructions.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat up a wok until very hot. Add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add in your ginger, garlic and dried chillies and fry for a few minutes.
- Add in the chicken and fry for a few minutes.
- Then add the onions, peppers and mangetout. Stir fry for a few more minutes.
- Then add the sauce. Continue to stir until the chicken is cooked. Add in the cornflour paste to thicken the sauce and the spring onions.
- Get your rice into a bowl and flip over to make a mound.
- Add the stir fry around the rice.
- Garnish with chilli, spring onion, black and white sesame seeds, the shichimi powder and a lime wedge.