This is my new favourite one tray chicken dish- and it’s so easy! Most chicken tray bakes take 1+ hours in the oven, but I suggest boiling the potatoes for 10 minutes before to speed up the whole process. Chop your veggies whilst the potatoes are on the boil.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 10 baby potatoes/ 1 or 2 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped into large pieces
- 100g chorizo, cut into thick slices
- 6 bonelesss skinless chicken thighs, kept whole
- A handful of cherry tomatoes (I used on the vine)
- A handful of mixed olives
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil (I used garlic oil)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Sprinkle of chilli powder
- 1 stock cube
- A few garlic cloves, skin on
- A few slices of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees/ 400F/ Gas mark 6.
- Add the skinless potatoes to a pan of boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile chop the other ingredients.
- Once the potatoes are done, in a large non stick tray add the cooked potatoes, pepper, onion, chorizo and chicken.
- On top of this, add the oil, paprika, oregano, chilli powder, stock cube, garlic and lemon slices. Season and mix well with a spoon.
- Put in the oven for 35-40 mins. Halfway through, at 20 minutes, stir well and add the olives and tomatoes. Put back into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Just double check that the chicken is cooked by cutting a thigh apart and seeing if the meat is white.
- Serve with salad or whatever you choose (other suggestions are cous cous, rice or crusty bread).