Hot chocolate in winter- name a better combo. These cute little jars are super easy to make and can be enjoyed all winter.
Ingredients: (makes 3)
- Hot chocolate powder- you can use any but I used Cadbury’s
- Toppings for the hot chocolate- I used chocolate curls, gold and silver stars, mini marshmallows and fudge pieces
You will also need 3 clean jars (I thoroughly washed 3 used jam jars) but you can use any old jar/ buy them. If you can get hold of American mason jars, they look great in these. You can also decorate the jars with some string and a gift tag for the instructions.
- Make sure the jars are washed thoroughly and dried well.
- Look at the back of the hot chocolate packet. Put the powder into the jars accordingly (the amount needed for 1 cup/mugs worth). I used 2 tsp of powder per jar.
- Then add the toppings, on top of the hot chocolate powder.
- Close the jar and tie round the string if using.
- On the gift tag, tell the user to simply pour hot milk into the jar and stir until perfection.