A takeaway favourite- so why not try it at home?
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500g or 2 packs of wholemeal rice (you need to use rice that has been made the day before and cooled, but I just use packet rice to compensate for this- or it will become too mushy. I like to use wholemeal for a better flavour). Keep in the fridge, until use.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- In a wok, heat some sesame oil.
- Add the white ends of the spring onions and garlic.
- Add the egg and scramble for about 30- 45 seconds.
- Then add the cold rice. Stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the salt, white pepper and soy sauce.
- Top with the rest of the spring onions.