A takeaway favourite- so why not try it at home?
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2-3 eggs (you will need to separate the yolk and whites)
- 500g or 2 packs of wholemeal rice (you need to use rice that has been made the day before and cooled or packet rice to compensate for this- or it will become too mushy)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Frozen peas (optional)
- Separate the eggs into one bowl with 3 yolks and another bowl with 3 egg whites.
- Add the rice to the yolks and mix well until the yolk has coated all the rice.
- In a wok, heat some sesame oil.
- Add the white ends of the spring onions and garlic.
- Add the egg whites and stir fry for a minute or two until cooked through and scrambled.
- Then add the rice mixed with the yolks. Stir fry for a few minutes until all combined and heated.
- If you are using peas, add these now and cook for a further 5 minutes, mixing well, until the peas are cooked.
- Add the salt, white pepper and soy sauce.
- Top with the rest of the spring onions.