One of my favourite Chinese soups!! This recipe tastes like the restaurant. Sometimes I add cooked shredded chicken, or crab meat for an extra dimension.
500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 inch of ginger, grated
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
425g (1 tin) of canned creamed corn (I used the brand Libby’s from Morrisons)
- 1 cob of fresh sweetcorn (optional)
- Cooked chicken or fresh/ tinned crab meat (if using)
1 tbsp of cornflour, mixed with 1 tbsp water
2 eggs, whisked
2 spring onions, finely chopped
- In a pan, add the stock, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, creamed corn and fresh corn. Also add the chicken or crab meat if you are using this.
- Once brought to the boil, add the cornflour and water mix.
- Then to include the egg, drop it in from a height, whilst stirring. Leave for a few minutes to cook.
- Add the spring onions on top as a garnish.