Korean fried chicken has been a huge street food craze recently. But what about the veggies?? Today I made korean fried cauliflower- however, I decided to bake it rather than fry it to keep it healthier. They are perfect to go into bao buns.
- 1 cauliflower
For the batter:
- 0.5 cup plain flour
- 0.5 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup very cold water
- 1 egg beaten
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp gouchjang paste (korean chilli paste)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inches of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees c.
- Mix together the plain flour, cornflour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix in the cold water and egg.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the batter.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 20-30 minutes, turning over halfway.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a pan.
- Once the cauliflower is done and crispy, mix into the sauce.