I got inspired to make this by the dish at dishoom! However, I have added a few extra touches of my own. It’s something a bit different but still so tasty for a brunch!
Ingredients: makes 3
6 rashers of streaky bacon (if you do not eat meat/ pork I would recommend the “this is not bacon” veggie free bacon)
3 naan breads (I used Greek flatbreads as they have a similar taste and are softer )
1 clove of garlic, chopped
A handful of coriander
1 tbsp oil/ garlic oil
Nigella seeds (optional)
A few tbsp Philadelphia cream cheese (I use the light version)
A few tbsp chilli jam (you can make your own but I use the brand Stokes/ whichever brand they have in the supermarket)
1 green chilli, chopped
A sprinkle of turmeric and chilli powder (optional)
1. Start by frying the bacon. A tip for bacon- place the bacon with NO OIL in a cold pan then switch the heat on. As the pan heats it will melt the fat and therefore there is no need for any extra oil. Cook the bacon on a high heat and flip over when the underside is crispy. Continue to cook until crispy all over. (For the veggie bacon just fry in a pan with a little bit of oil both sides for a few minutes).
2. Then make 3 fried eggs- the best and healthiest way of doing this is to add a little oil / spray oil to the pan. Then crack in the eggs. Then put on high heat and add a lid to the pan. Cook for a further few minutes- this will insure that the top of the egg is cooked but still runny.
3. Warm up the naan/ pitta in a pan.
4. Then mix together the garlic oil/ regular oil, chopped garlic and a few leaves of chopped coriander to make it a garlic naan. Spread this on the naan bread. Top with some nigella seeds.
5. Then spread on a little Philadelphia and chilli jam to the bread.
6. Then add the eggs and bacon.
7. Finally add the coriander, chopped chilli, chilli and turmeric powder.