Mojito flavours in a cheesecake! (Non alcoholic except for the pipettes). I find making this one or two days in advance produces the best result!
For the base:
- 1 pack of digestives (250g)
- 125g butter, melted
For the filling:
- 2 x 340g (680g) tub philadelphia cream cheese
- 125g icing sugar
- 3-4 limes, juiced (grate the zest too)
- 25 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 300ml double cream
- 2 gelatine sheets, soaked in water, then heated with 3 tbsp boiling water until melted (optional addition to make cheesecake more firm)
- Lime wedges
- Lime zest
- Mint leaves
- Gold sprinkles
- Mini pipettes filled with mojito (optional)
- Mini meringues (optional)
- Make the biscuit base by putting the biscuits in a food processor until blitzed.
- Then mix with the melted butter.
- Spray a cake tin with spray oil/ line with butter (try to use one with a spring form rim so that it can be removed at the end).
- Press down the biscuit mix in this and put into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Using an electric whisk, mix together the philadelphia and icing sugar until mixed.
- Then add in the lime juice, zest and chopped mint leaves. Mix.
- Add in the double cream and whisk until the mix is thick.
- You can optionally add some gelatine to make it set more- just mix the soaked gelatine with the boiling water until dissolved and add it to the cheesecake mix.
- Place in the tin and leave overnight to set.
- Once set, decorate with the toppings.