Ingredients (serves 3)
⁃ 1L of chicken stock (I usually just make this with hot water and 2 stock cubes)
⁃ 2 chicken breasts (you can also use 2 thighs/ any leftover chicken you have)
⁃ 1 red chilli
⁃ 2 garlic cloves, sliced
⁃ 1 tbsp grated ginger (fresh)
⁃ Vegetables (I use whatever I have lying around in the fridge- today I just used broccoli but usually I add broccoli, carrot and pak choi)
⁃ 3 bundles of packet noodles (I used egg noodles)
⁃ 2 tbsp soy sauce
⁃ 2 tsp sesame oil
⁃ Spring onions (to garnish)
⁃ Coriander (to garnish)
⁃ Sesame seeds (to garnish)
– Chilli oil (optional)
⁃ Boiled egg (optional- I added it for extra protein)
1. Start by warming the stock in a pan until boiling.
2. Then add in the chicken, chilli, garlic and ginger.
3. Put a lid on the pan and cook for around 20 minutes on a low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Once so, remove the chicken from the broth and shred it with 2 forks.
5. Return the chicken to the pan and add the noodles and vegetables.
6. Put the lid on and cook for a further 5 or so minutes until the veg are cooked through. If you are using something such as pak choi or mushrooms, put them in a few mins after the broccoli or carrots as they take less time to cook.
7. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil to the pan.
8. Garnish with the toppings.