Not the healthiest recipe, but good for a treat!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
– 200g pasta
– 2 tbsp olive oil
⁃ 1 red onion, chopped finely
⁃ 3 garlic cloves, chopped
⁃ 4 tbsp tomato purée
⁃ 2 tbsp vodka
⁃ 300ml cream
⁃ 1 tbsp chilli flakes
⁃ Knob of butter
⁃ Fresh basil
1. Boil the pasta according to packet instructions.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the olive oil and sauté for about 3-5 mins.
3. Then add the tomato purée and vodka. Mix together well.
4. Add in the cream and mix until all incorporated. Add the chilli flakes and season.
6. Return the pasta to the pan with a knob of butter and a few tsp of the pasta water.
7. Add on Parmesan and fresh basil.