Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 brioche buns (or normal buns if you cannot find)
- Halloumi slices
- 1 avocado mashed with a little olive oil
- Onion, cut into rings
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise (low fat)
- Sweet chilli sauce
For the peri marinade:
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 red chillies (I added an extra 2 tbsp chilli flakes- depending on how you have your spice at Nando’s)
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
1. Blend all the sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor until well mixed.
2. Place clingfilm or parchment on the chicken breasts and hit with a rolling pin until flattened. This will insure the chicken is more tender.
3. Put the chicken in the marinade and leave for as long as possible.
4. Use a hot griddle pan or frying pan and add a little oil. Sear the chicken on both sides until cooked. You can alternatively let the chicken griddle on both sides until you get a mark, then put in the oven to cook through. Leave in foil to rest.
5. Using the same method grill the halloumi until soft.
6. Crush the 2 garlic cloves with a garlic crusher or by finely chopping them and mix with the 3 tbsp mayo.
7. To ensemble the burger. Lightly toast the buns in the oven.
8. Spread on the garlic mayo. Add the chicken, halloumi, avocado, lettuce, onion rings and sweet chilli sauce.
To make the coleslaw- mix together shredded red cabbage, white cabbage, carrot and onion. Add mayo, a little white wine vinegar and a little mustard. Add some sriracha sauce for a nice change. Mix together.