Caesar salad is one of my favourites!! However, usually the shop brought sauce can make it secretly unhealthy, so I have made my own today.
For the chicken (serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 handfuls of plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs ( I use used the shop brought Paxo ones in a tub)
For the salad:
- 4 romaine lettuces
- Grated parmesan, to sprinkle
- Some wholemeal bread, for the croutons
For the dressing:
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 a lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan
- Pre heat the grill.
- Cut up some bread into cubes and cover in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until crispy, turning halfway.
- To make the chicken- bash the chicken with some clingfilm on top, with a heavy object (like a wine bottle) or a mallet.
- Once flat, coat it in flour, then the beaten egg, then finally the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and fry the chicken for about 5 minutes on one side, until crispy. Then flip and repeat.
- Once fried on both sides, place in the oven to ensure it is cooked through. Chop into pieces, if you wish.
- For the salad, cut the lettuce up into bitesize pieces and place in a bowl with the croutons.
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together until well combined. Pour over the salad.
- Serve with the chicken.