Another quick & tasty fakeaway !!
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 4 nests of fine egg noodles (usually the supermarket own brands are the best)
- 1 stock cube
- Sesame oil
- Olive oil
- 2 white onions, chopped into chunks
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 green peppers, chopped into cubes
- 4 spring onions, divided into bitesize pieces
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp ketcap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Begin by cooking the noodles in boiling water with the stock cube- according to packet instructions.
- Once done, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water until the noodles are cold- to stop them from overcooking.
- Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp sesame oil in a wok until sizzling.
- Add the garlic and onion pieces, and stir.
- Then add the peppers and spring onions. Do not mix just yet- you want the onions to sit at the bottom for a few seconds to char and release flavour (traditional Chinese cooking method).
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Then mix together until well combined. Keep stirring over high heat for a few minutes until the veg has softened. You still want them to have a bite.
- Then return the cold noodles to the pan and mix altogether.
- Add all the sauces into the noodles and stir.