Fake Shake Shack!! Decided to re create my favourite burger which is Shake Shak’s shroom burger! Portabello mushrooms filled with cheese then breadcrumbed and baked (to make it healthier than deep frying)! All in a brioche bun- so delicious.
Ingredients (serves 3):
- 6 portobello mushrooms, try to get 6 equally sized ones
- 3 slices of pre sliced cheese (I mixed it up and used 2 types of cheese)
- A handful or two of plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten (if vegan, you can use soya milk to bind the breadcrumbs)
- A handful or two of paxo breadcrumbs, seasoned with some salt, pepper and garlic granules (optional)
- 3 brioche buns, cut across (tesco)
- Salad to put in the burger (In shake shake they use soft lettuce, big tomatoes, red onion and pickle, if you want)
For the Shake Shack sauce:
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise ( I used garlic mayo)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp yellow dijon mustard
- 3 tsp of pickle brine (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Squirt of perinase (Nandos mayonnaise), optional
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees c/ fan 180 degrees c/ gas mark 6.
- Clean the mushrooms by running a clean tea towel under a little water and scrubbing the dirt off the mushroom surface.
- Roast the shrooms in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until cooked. Pat down the moisture when out of the oven.
- Fill the halves with your cheese or choice.
- Close the halves by pressing on the mushrooms.
- Coat the mushroom in flour first, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then turn over and cook for a few more minutes.
- Cut the brioche buns in half, and toast in the oven for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients together. Spread it on the buns and cut your salad.
- Ensemble the burger by putting in the sauce, salad and shroom. Enjoy!