This is one of my favourite recipes; so easy to make and perfect for new year healthy eating. You can add whichever fillings you want, ideal for using up leftovers. I have kept these vegan but you could also add shredded chicken or tofu for more protein.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 6 rice paper wrappers (I got mine from Waitrose but they are also in asian supermarkets)
- 1 red pepper, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 of a cucumber, with the seeds taken out, shredded
- Half a mango, shredded
- Handful red cabbage, shredded
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- 1 red chilli, shredded
- Handful of mint
- Handful of coriander
- Handful of thai basil (if you can find it- they sell it at Waitress or thai supermarkets)
For the dipping sauce:
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Get a large bowl/ pan of warm water.
- Take a wrapper and soak in the warm water for 10-15 seconds, until soft.
- Put some olive oil onto a chopping board, so the wrapper does not stick.
- Place the wrapper on the board. Fill with the vegetables and herbs, being careful not to overfill.
- To wrap, take the 2 short ends and fold in. Then roll the longer ends.
- Cut in half.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dip together.
I often serve this with 3 dips; the one above, hoisin sauce and a chilli oil. If you have left over chopped vegetables, then just chuck into a take away box with some sauce, shredded chicken and salted peanuts- perfect for a leftover lunch the next day.