This is one of the easiest breakfasts/ brunch/ desserts that you can make. Usually pink grapefruits are too sour for me, so caramelising the sugar on top creates the perfect combination.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 pink grapefruit, washed
- A few tbsp brown demerara sugar mixed with a few tsp of cinnamon (optional- you can just use sugar if you wanted/ mix it with another flavour eg. vanilla sugar)
- Mint, to decorate (optional)
- Switch the grill on.
- Cut a small section off the bottom of each end of the grapefruit so that it can stand when cut in half. Then cut in half.
- Put each half on some foil on a baking tray. Sprinkle over the sugar on top of each half. I like to cover the whole top in sugar, but add as much as you like.
- Put under the grill for around 5-7 minutes, until the sugar is bubbling. Do not worry if the edge of the grapefruit gets burnt.
- Sprinkle over the mint and serve.