Courgetti is a low- carb version of spaghetti, made from courgettes.
Ingredients: (serves 1)
For the pesto:
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
- 1 handful of parmesan cheese (or vegan cheese)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful of pine nuts (if you have them)
- Olive oil
For the courgetti:
- 1 courgette, spiralised (if you do not have a spiraliser then you can use a peeler to make ribbons of courgetti)
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- To make the pesto, add all the pesto ingredients in a blender with a small amount of water and blend. Start by adding a little olive oil and increase the amount of oil to achieve the consistency that you want.
- Heat up a pan and add some olive oil to the pan. Add the chopped garlic and let it cook for a few seconds to flavour the oil.
- Then add the pesto to the pan for a minute or so, to warm it up.
- Add the courgetti and tomatoes to the pan, mix with the pesto and cook for a few minutes, maximum. The courgetti does not need very long at all to cook, do not leave it in the pan for too long or it will overcook and become soggy.
- Sprinkle some parmesan on top and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes (optional).