This is one of my absolute favourite breakfast/ brunches so enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado
- Squeeze of lime
- A small piece of ginger, grated
- 1 piece of brown bread, toasted
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- Chorizo, sliced (can make this recipe vegetarian by excluding the chorizo)
- Radish, sliced (optional)
- To make perfect poached eggs, get a wide cup or bowl. Line the cup or bowl with cling film and lightly oil the clingfilm with some olive oil.
- Crack one egg into the cling film.
- Bunch up the top of the cling film and tie into a knot.
- Repeat this with the other egg.
- Put the eggs in clingfilm into a pan of just simmering water (make sure that that water is not vigorously boiling, you just need it to be simmering). Leave the eggs in the water for 4-5 minutes. After 4-5 minutes, simply cut the knot of cling film with scissors and peel away the cling film from the perfectly shaped egg. Place on the avocado toast immediately after 4-5 minutes to avoid overcooking the eggs.
- Mash the avocado with the lime juice, ginger, some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the avocado on the toast.
- Fry the chorizo in a pan on a medium heat. You do not need to add any oil to the pan, as oil is released from the chorizo.
- When the oil starts to come out of the chorizo, add the cherry tomatoes into the pan and cook for a further few minutes.
- Place the eggs, chorizo, cherry tomatoes and sliced radish on the avo toast. Season with salt, pepper, chilli flakes (optional) and drizzle over olive oil.