‘Courgetti’ is the new trend of courgette spaghetti, a low- carb option.
– 2 courgettes (one per person)
– Pack of raw prawns
– Olive oil
– 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 1 red chilly chopped (optional)
– 2 handfuls of frozen peas
– 1 large handful of basil, chopped
– 1 large handful of flat leaf parsely, chopped
– 2 large handfuls of rocket
– 3 tomatoes (take the seeds out), then chopped
– 1 handful of grated parmesan
– 1 tbsp green pesto (jar is fine)
– Pine nuts, toasted
1) Spiralise the courgettes. If you do not have a spiraliser, then you can use a peeler to cut the courgette into strips.
2) Place the courgettes in a colander and sprinkle with salt. This will remove any water in the courgettes, so they do not become soggy.
3) Get your prawns and butterfly them (cut them down their length).
4) In a pan, heat up quite a lot of olive oil, as this will be the basis of your sauce.
5) Put the garlic and chilly into the pan and fry on a LOW heat.
6) Add the prawns to the pan. Cook for a few minutes on a medium heat. When the prawns are pink remove them from the pan.
7) Add the frozen peas to the pan.
8) Before adding the courgette to the pan, press on the courgette in the colander to remove any further water.
9) Add the courgette back to the pan, along with the basil, parsely, rocket, tomatoes and half of the parmesan.
10) Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the pine nuts and pesto. Season. Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan.