For the base:
– 1 pack of milk chocolate digestives
– Half a pack of Oreos
– 100g butter, melted
– Butter for greasing
For the filling:
– 300ml soured cream
– 600g cream cheese eg. philadelphia
– 397g caramel eg. carnation caramel or dulce de leche
– 3 pinches of salt
– 2 whole eggs and 3 egg yolks, all whisked together
– Half a pack of Oreos, crushed
For the caramel sauce:
– 100g caster sugar
– 75ml double cream
– 25g butter
– 2 pinches of salt
– 1 pack of Oreos to top
1) Pre heat the oven to 160 degrees celcius.
2) Grease the baking tin with some butter.
3) Crush the chocolate digestives and Oreos until small pieces.
4) Pour the melted butter into the biscuits and stir.
5) Press this mixture into the biscuit tin, Use a fork to press this down.
6) Put this in the fridge to firm up while you make the mixture.
7) Mix together the soured cream, cream cheese, caramel, salt and eggs.
8) Add the Oreo pieces to the mixture.
9) Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour 15 minutes, until firm but still a bit wobbly. Leave in the tin for 45 minutes to cool down.
10) Make the caramel to go on top. In a pan, on medium heat, heat the sugar up, without stirring until a brownish colour.
11) Add the butter and cream in small bits whilst whisking. Make sure you do not add it all at once or the cold cream will harden the caramel. Add the salt. Stir for a couple of minutes to thicken the sauce.
12) Pour the sauce on top of the cheesecake and add the Oreos.
13) Leave the cheesecake to set overnight in the fridge.