This dreamy recipe is a banoffee pie with a lotus biscoff biscuit (branded caramel biscuit) & salted caramel twist. Honestly so happy with how this came out!!
- 1 pack lotus biscuits (from most supermarkets)
- 100g butter, melted
- Half a jar of Lotus biscuit spread (found in the jam/ Nutella section of supermarkets)
- 1 can of carnations caramel
- Pinch of salt
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 150ml double cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Small piece of dark chocolate
- Decorations eg. edible glitter (optional)
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and blitz until crushed, or place in a freezer/ ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter to this and stir well.
- Get a shallow dish and line with the biscuit mix, pressing it down.
- Spread on half the jar of biscoff spread, or more if you want. Don’t worry if this gets a bit messy, you won’t be able to see it.
- Then add the tin of caramel on top of this.
- Sprinkle over the salt.
- Then add the chopped bananas.
- Using a hand held or manual whisk, whisk the cream until into peaks and has increased in volume.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and icing sugar.
- Grate over the dark chocolate and add the toppings, if using!