I love a full English so decided to mix it up with some Indian spice!
Ingredients: (serves 3)
⁃ 6 hash browns (I used frozen)
⁃ 6 sausages (meat or veggie, whatever you prefer)
⁃ 6 rashers of smoked bacon
⁃ 3 stalks of cherry tomatoes on the vine/ 3 regular tomatoes cut in half
⁃ Half a pack of mushrooms
⁃ 1 can of baked beans
– 6 eggs, whisked
⁃ 4 cloves of garlic
⁃ 4 green chillies
⁃ 2 tsp cumin seeds
⁃ 2 tsp on tumeric powder
⁃ 1 tsp chilli powder
⁃ 2 tsp garam masala
⁃ 1 tbsp mixed herbs
⁃ Coriander, chopped
⁃ Avocado (optional)
⁃ Rolls (optional)
1. Put the oven on and cook the hash browns according to packet instructions. Sprinkle with the garam masala when cooked.
2. Put the sausages, bacon and tomatoes under the grill. Add 1 tsp of cumin seeds to the sausages and 1 tsp tumeric + 1 tsp chilli powder to the tomatoes. Grill until all 3 are cooked. The bacon and tomatoes should take 5-10 mins and the sausages 10-15 minutes. Alternatively you can do this in a frying pan if you don’t have the space.
3. For the beans, get a saucepan. Add 1 tsp of oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp turmeric power, 2 garlic cloves, chopped and 2 green chillies, chopped. Fry together. Add in the baked beans, salt and coriander. Stir until warmed.
4. For the omelette, add 1 garlic clove, chopped and 2 green chillies, chopped to a knob of butter.
5. Add in the whisked eggs. Cook on a very low heat whilst stirring for a few minutes. Then spread around pan and leave to cook. Add in the 1 tsp garam masala. Top with chopped coriander.
6. For the mushrooms, add 1 garlic clove to some oil. Add in the mushrooms and mixed herbs. Cook until soft.
7. Serve all with the avocado, a warm roll and masala chai.