This is one of my favourite desserts. It reminds me of being in sunny Thailand, where the mangoes were so juicy and fresh. The coconut sticky rice and coconut sauce is the perfect addition to the mango.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 500- 800g of cooked sticky rice (either freshly cooked, leftovers or you can use 2 packs of microwaveable Tilda coconut rice for a cheat’s method)
- 300- 400ml can of coconut milk (depending on how much rice you are using)
- 4 tbsp sugar (more or less to your liking) or sweetener/ stevia powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 fresh mangoes, sliced (Indian Alphonso mangoes in summer are delicious, but any will do)
- Small handful of yellow mung beans (traditionally used, but optional)
- Desiccated coconut/ coconut flakes to top
Coconut sauce (this sauce is meant to add a touch of saltiness to the dish, but feel free to add some sugar to sweeten if you would prefer this)
- 100ml coconut cream
- Large pinch of salt
- Make your sticky rice or microwaveable coconut rice, according to packet instructions.
- Place the coconut milk, sugar and salt on the boil until warm.
- Then add in the rice to this. Stir for a few minutes until well mixed and reduced. It might look quite soft but it will firm up on the plate. Have a taste and see if it requires more sugar.
- Mix together the coconut cream and salt in another pan for the side coconut sauce until warm.
- In a dry pan add the mung beans to toast.
- Serve out the rice.
- Add the mango, sauce, mung beans and dessicated coconut.
2 thoughts on “Thai mango & sticky coconut rice”
Looks delicious, thanks for also giving the veggie alternatives, going to try make this meal minus the eggs.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes please do! Hope you like it