This is one of my favourite soups, perfect for the cold autumn weather. It is packed with vegetables and is a super low carb meal (I left out the pasta which is usually used). You can use any veg left in your fridge, just chuck it all in!
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans
- A handful of pre cooked pasta (if using)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (I prefer plum tomatoes)
- 2 stock cubes mixed into 1L of boiling water
- 3 tbsp dried mixed herbs/ oregano
- Heat a few tsp olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry on a low heat for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the leeks, potatoes and carrots. Season. Fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan along with the courgette, beans, 1L stock and mixed herbs.
- Cook with the lid on for about 15- 20 minutes on a low heat until soft.
- At this point see the consistency of the soup. I usually add a little more stock and water if it is too thick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with bread.