What better than a christmas cocktail? This one is perfect for the festive season. A cranberry whiskey sour is traditionally made using whiskey, cranberry juice, lemon juice and sugar. I have used di serrano liquor, an amaretto almond tasting liqeur, which matches perfectly with the cranberry, tasting almost like a bakewell tart! I also replaced the lemon with orange and lime and the sugar with maple syrup for a nicer taste. I spotted frozen cranberries, in the freezer section of Tesco, so used these as a little trick to replace the ice and keep the drink cold.
Ingredients: (Makes 2)
- Cranberries (frozen)
- 2 shots of Di Serrano liquor
- 2 shots of Cranberry juice (I used the no added sugar one, since we are adding our own)
- 2 limes, one juiced and one for decoration
- A splash of orange juice
- 2 tsp Maple syrup
- Rosemary sprig (to decorate), optional
- Put a small handful of frozen cranberries at the bottom of each glass.
- In a cocktail shaker, shake with some ice, the di serrano, cranberry juice, juice of 1 lime, orange juice and maple syrup.
- Give it a taste. It should be on the more sour side, but if it is too sour, add some more maple syrup.
- Pour this into 2 glasses.
- Top with a little lemonade.
- Decorate with the lime wedges and rosemary sprig.