Recently, I have been seeing a lot of recipes for roasted cauliflower, so I thought that I would try some for myself. I flavoured the cauliflower with harissa, a middle eastern spice paste and tumeric. This works great as a side dish but also as a healthy snack or to put into salads.
Ingredients: (makes a plate)
- Half a cauliflower
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp harissa (found in most major supermarkets)
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Cut each piece in half so that its surface is flat for the tray.
- In a bowl, mix the cauliflower, a drizzle of olive oil, the harissa, tumeric and a squeeze of lemon.
- Lay on a tray lined with baking parchment and bake for around 30 minutes, until cooked. Keep an eye on it, so that it doesn’t burn.
- Serve with a lemon wedge.