Watermelon is my favourite summer fruit. This recipe is inspired by my trip to Valencia in Spain this year, where I tried a watermelon mojito for the first time. Watermelon can be thoroughly enjoyed on its own, but touching it up with some mint and lime makes it taste like the most refreshing thing you’ve ever eaten. A tip is to always keep the watermelon in the fridge, especially in the hot weather, or it will turn soft.
- 1 watermelon
- A handful of fresh mint, shredded
- 2 limes- the juice of one, and the other cut into wedges to serve
- Cut the watermelon into cubes. The best way of doing this, is to cut the melon in half, then cut down the sides of the melon, removing the green outer shell. Then dice into bitesize cubes.
- Sprinkle over the chopped mint and lime juice.
- Serve cold with the lime wedges.