This is my ultimate favourite gnocchi recipe. Packet gnocchi is so easy to find and is a great alternative to pasta. All the packet instructions on gnocchi recommend boiling it, however, I think that frying the gnocchi adds the gorgeous crispy texture that makes the dish work so well.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 1 pack of gnocchi (you will find it in supermarkets in the chiller next to the pizza section)
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Half a red chilli, sliced
- A few slices of chorizo (optional if vegetarian/ vegan)
- A few tbsp green jar pesto
- A handful of rocket
- A handful of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- A handful of basil
- Some parmesan, shaved (use vegan cheese, if vegan)
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Put all the gnocchi in the pan and fry until golden. This should take about 5-8 minutes. Ensure that the pan is on a medium heat and that you continuously stir so the gnocchi does not burn.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan. Heat up a bit more olive oil and fry the garlic, chilli and chorizo for a few seconds.
- Then return the gnocchi to the pan and add the pesto.
- Add the rocket, tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with more rocket and the parmesan.