This is my twist on the classic G&T. Adding the elderflower cordial adds a sweet and refreshing note. A tip for maximum taste: put the bottle of gin into the freezer before making this cocktail, to cool the spirit. If you cannot find elderflower flavoured tonic water, just use the regular one.
Ingredients: (makes 1)
- 1 or 2 shots of Gin (I used Tanqueray Rangpur)
- 1/2 shot of elderflower cordial (I used Belvoir elderflower cordial)
- 100ml of cloudy apple juice (I used Copella cloudy apple juice)
- Elderflower tonic water (I used Fever- Tree elderflower tonic water)
- A sprig of mint, to garnish
- In a cocktail shaker put in some ice, the gin, the elderflower cordial and apple juice. Shake well. If you do not have a cocktail maker, then just mix this altogether in a separate glass, without the ice.
- In a large gin glass, put a few blocks of cubed ice. Pour in the gin and elderflower mixture.
- Top up the glass with the tonic water.
- Give the cocktail a stir.
- Top with the mint sprig.Cheers!