These cute little things are my new go potato recipe. They look impressive to guests, however are really so simple to make and are packed with flavour.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 pack of baby potatoes
- 25g butter (substitute this for olive oil, for a healthier option/ vegan butter if vegan)
- 1 handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped (or use 2 tbsp dried parsley or oregano instead)
- 8 garlic cloves: 4 cloves peeled and chopped and 4 left whole
- Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees c, Gas mark 6.
- Wash the potatoes. Cut slits in each individual potato, about 3/4 way through the potato, but not so that they cut right through. Do not worry if some pieces cut through.
- Using your hands, separate the slits slightly, so the garlic butter can go inside.
- Put the butter, parsley and 4 of the garlic cloves (chopped), into a bowl or mug. Heat this into the microwave for 15-20 seconds for the butter to melt. Add some salt and pepper to this.
- Put the potatoes into a baking tray with some olive oil. Add the 4 remaining garlic cloves whole to the tray.
- Using a brush, paint the potatoes with the garlic butter, ensuring the butter is within the slits.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove when they are cooked and crispy.
- Season with more salt and pepper to serve.