Ingredients: (for 12 people)
-170g butter, roughly chopped
-100g dark chocolate(70-100% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
– 100g bar of Dairy Milk Oreo
-225g caster sugar
-130g plain flour
-3 eggs, beaten together
-A few tbsp of a can of carnations caramel
– 1 handful of salted pretzels
-1 handful of Reese’s peanut butter cup chocolates
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C/ 325 degrees F/ gas mark 3.
- Line a rectangular or square baking tin with baking paper, and spread a generous amount of butter on the bottom and sides of the tin, to stop the brownie from sticking.
- Melt the butter and dark and oreo chocolate in a bowl. To do this, add hot water to a pan on a low heat, and place the bowl above the pan. Make sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the hot water in the pan. Leave until melted. Then remove the bowl from the heat.
- Stir the sugar into the chocolate and butter mixture, and mix well.
- Then add the flour to this mixure and mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs, bit by bit, to the mixture until well mixed together.The mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Get most of the Maltesers (saving some for the topping of the cake) and cut or crush into small pieces. Add this into the mixture.
- Put the mixture into the baking tray. You can press some whole Maltesers into the top, if you want to.
- Bake in the oven, on the middle shelf for about 30-45 minutes. To check if cooked, get a sharp knife or skewer and place into the brownie. If the knife or skewer comes out clean then the brownie is cooked. If there is still mixture on the knife or skewer, then put back in the oven for a little while.
- Leave the brownie to cool, then remove from the tin and put onto a plate.
- Get a few tbsp of the carnations caramel and add a pinch of salt to this to make it a salted caramel.
- Either using a piping bag (you can put the caramel mixture into a ziplock bag and cut one corner of the bag with scissors to make a piping bag) or a spoon to drizzle on the salted caramel.
- Add the remaning crushed Maltesers, pretzels and Reese’s peanut butter cups on top.
- Keep in a cool place so that the chocolate does not melt. If you are eating it later, store it in the fridge.
- Ideally eat this slighly warmed with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.