This is my recipe of white chocolate and ginger cheesecake, a popular dessert at Wagamamas.
Ingredients: (serves 10)
- 1 pack of ginger biscuits (30 biscuits)
- 70g butter, melted
- 300g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 x 180g tub of Philadelphia light soft cheese
- 1 x 250g tub of ricotta cheese
- 100g caster sugar
- 6 balls of stem ginger from a jar, chopped, saving 2tbsp of the ginger syrup- I used this
- 2tbsp ginger powder
- Raspberries (to serve)
- Put the biscuits in a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin until crushed.
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter.
- Get 10 individual ramkins or one large cake tin (20cm) and press the biscuit mix into the base, using a fork to firm the base down. Refrigerate until the rest of the cheesecake is ready.
- Put a bowl on top of a pan with hot water in it, and place the white chocolate pieces in the bowl. Stir often until fully melted.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix together the Philadelphia, ricotta, sugar, stem ginger pieces, 2tbsp of the ginger syrup and the ginger powder.
- When the chocolate has melted and cooled a little, mix this into the cream cheese mixture.
- Load the cheesecake biscuit base with the white chocolate and ginger topping and smooth off the rim with a knife for a cleaner look.
- Put into the fridge ideally overnight or about 8 hours.
- Decorate with berries. Only take out of the fridge before eating, so it remains solid.