Ingredients: (makes 3 cocktails)
- 2 lychee & mango green tea bags (just use regular green tea bags if you cannot find this)
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 can of tinned lychees, in syrup
- Vodka (1/2 shots per person depending on how strong you want the drink, but this also makes a nice non-alcoholic drink too)
- 1 small carton of Rubicon lychee juice
- 1 can of Rubicon sparkling lychee drink (if you cannot find this, then get 2 cartons of still lychee juice)
- Cubed ice
- 3 cocktail sticks
- A few hours before you want to make this drink, place 2 green tea bags into 1 mug and fill with hot water, leaving the tea bags in. Leave to cool for later. I transferred this into a teapot with some ice, to cool faster.
- Get 3 glasses. I would try to use a glass as large as possible, as this cocktail usually has quite a lot of volume. Add a couple of lychees from the can into the glasses, along with a few tablespoons of its syrup. Also add a few mint leaves and lime wedges to the glass.
- Using a cocktail muddler or the end of a rolling pin, mash this together to release the juices.
- Fill the glasses with a few ice cubes.
- Get a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid, if you do not have this. I prefer to make each cocktail individually in the shaker. Put (per person) 1 or 2 shots of vodka, 2 shots of lychee juice and 2 shots of lychee fizzy drink. If using a cocktail shaker, shake altogether with some ice cubes. If you are using a jar, do not shake with ice. Repeat this for each glass.
- Once shaken, pour into the glasses, straining the ice (if you are using a cocktail shaker). Do not fill the glasses to the top as the remaining space is for the green tea.
- Fill the rest of the glass with the green tea and drizzle over some more of the lychee syrup. Taste and add more lychee syrup if you want it sweeter, or some more of the lychee juice for a stronger lychee flavour.
- Place a lychee on a cocktail stick and balance it on the rim of the glass, add a straw and garnish with mint leaves.Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Lychee ice tea cocktail”
It looks like the perfect refreshment for hot and humid days like mine!
Found my way here through Spence’s Blog’s mention of yours during her nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m glad we are able to connect here 🙂 Good to meet you. Looking forward to exploring your site and to many more wonderful posts.
Cheers and have a wonderful day!
LikeLiked by 1 person