Kale ‘crisps’ are very fashionable at the moment. They are a great low carb snack and kale has a high fibre content, lots of vitamins and no fat.
Ingredients: (makes 1 tray)
-3 large handfuls of chopped kale
-1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
-1/2 tsp of smoked paprika (optional)
-1/4 tsp normal or garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C/ 400 degrees F/ Gas mark 6.
- Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl toss together the kale, oil, paprika and salt until well mixed.
- Lay the kale out onto the baking tray, making sure that the pieces of kale are well spread out.
- Wait until the oven is heated. Bake in the oven for literally 4 minutes or less. Keep watching the kale as it burns very fast. Do not worry if the kale has gone slightly brown at the edges, this is normal.
- Take the kale out of the oven. Try and add more salt, if needed.