‘Gnocchi’ is Italian and similar to a mix between a potato and pasta. Usually, the way to cook gnocchi is to boil it, however I think that it tastes much better when it is pan fried. You can make your own gnocchi, but to save time, I just used shop brought gnocchi.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
– 1 pack of shop brought gnocchi ( I just got the plain type)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
-1 handful of sage leaves, chopped
-60g butter, chopped (use vegan butter, if vegan)
- Put the olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the gnocchi to this. Use a wooden spoon to make sure that all of the individual gnocchi are separated. Fry the gnocchi for about 5 minutes, or until all the gnocchi are golden brown. Stir often.
- Once the gnocchi are cooked, push them to one side of the pan, and add the butter and sage to the other side of the pan.
- Stir the gnocchi into the butter and keep the pan on a medium-low heat whilst the butter turns brown. After about 1-2 minutes, add the parmesan to the gnocchi, and stir.
- Season with lots of salt and pepper.