Post-gym sugar-free chocolate protein pancakes
For the pancake:
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 2 egg whites
– 4 tbsp milk (skimmed/ almond/coconut)
– 1 banana
– 1 tsp cinnamon powder
– 30g chocolate protein powder (or whatever flavour you want)
– Oil (rapeseed/coconut)
For the topping:
Agave nectar is a great low glycemic index alternative to maple syrup, tasting very similar.
& maple syrup from myprotein.com is less than £5 and has zero sugar and fat. The taste is slightly unusual, so therefore I mix agave and this syrup for the top of the pancakes.
1) If you haven’t already, separate the egg whites from the yolk.
2) Place the whites in a large bowl.
3) Whisk with an electric whisk until fluffy.
4) Put all the other ingredients (baking powder, milk, banana, cinnamon and protein) into a blender and blend until smooth.
5) Pour the protein mix slowly into the egg whites, and fold together. Do this gently to keep all the air bubbles.
6) Heat a small amount of the oil in a pan.
7) Add the pancake mix into round cirles and leave for about 1 minute until cooked on one side.
8) Flip the pancakes and cook for about another minute.
9) Stack up with berries and pour on the syrups