Ingredients: (serves 4)
⁃ 200g pasta (I used De Cecco cavatappi, but any will do)
⁃ 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
⁃ 1 tbsp truffle oil (can buy on amazon)
⁃ Mushrooms (I used 1 pack of regular white mushrooms, 1 pack of chestnut mushrooms and 1 pack of portabello mushrooms), sliced
– 1 handful of dried porcini mushrooms (optional)- soaked in hot water for 30 mins beforehand
⁃ Splash of white wine (optional)
⁃ 1 bottle of mushroom paste (from waitrose)- optional but adds a lot of flavour
⁃ 1 bottle of truffle pesto (Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Waitrose, Amazon)
⁃ 100g Philadelphia light cream cheese
⁃ Tarragon ( to garnish), or parsley if you cannot find
⁃ Truffle salt (from amazon or TK Maxx)
⁃ 1 ball of burrata (or mozzarella)
1. Boil the pasta according to instructions and cook until al dente.
2. In a pan, add the truffle oil and garlic.
3. Then add in the mushrooms.
4. Fry on med- high heat for around 5 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
5. Then add in a splash of white wine, the mushroom paste and truffle pesto. Stir and mix for a few more minutes.
6. Then add in the Philadelphia cream cheese. Stir until well mixed.
7. Return the cooked pasta to the sauce with a few tsp of the pasta cooking water.
8. Season with truffle salt and pepper.
9. Add in the tarragon or parsley.
10. Serve out the pasta and add on pieces of burrata, some more truffle oil and the tarragon.