Had this dish at the Italian chain Zizzi! It was delicious but for the price I thought that it could be recreated at home. I have added a few little touches to boost the flavour and made it healthier by using Philadelphia instead of cream.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
⁃ 400g Strozzapretti pasta (can get from most supermarkets/ any pasta)
⁃ 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
⁃ 2 chicken breasts or 1 pack of mini fillets (just leave this out and skip step if vegetarian)
⁃ 1 tbsp paprika
⁃ 1 tbsp chicken seasoning/ cajun
⁃ 4 cloves of garlic
⁃ 1 red chilli sliced
⁃ 50g harissa paste
⁃ 100g red pesto (I used sundried tomato red pesto for extra flavour)
⁃ 90g Philadelphia (I used the lightest)
⁃ 3 handfuls of spinach (optional)
1. Put a pan of boiling water on the hob and boil the pasta, according to packet instructions.
2. Turn on the grill and once hot add the cherry tomatoes in a foil lined tray. Season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put under the grill until softened (around 10 minutes).
3. Mix the chicken pieces with the paprika, chicken seasoning, salt and pepper.
4. Heat some oil in the pan and fry the chicken until cooked.
5. Then to make the sauce, fry the chopped garlic and red chilli in some olive oil (very small amount) as the harissa and pesto will add oil.
6. Add the Harrisa and pesto sauces to this.
7. Then add the Philadelphia and mix until incorporated.
8. Return the chicken to the pan and add the spinach.
9. Add the drained pasta once cooked.
10. Top with parmesan, salt and pepper.