Ingredients: (makes 3 cocktails)
- 1 handful of mint (save some sprigs for decoration)
- 2 limes, cut into small wedges (leave some wedges for decoration)
- 3 halves of passion fruit (for decoration)
- 150 ml passion fruit syrup (I used this one, but use any one you can find. If you cannot find one, then get some passion fruit, put through a sieve and mix the sieved juice with some sugar, until sweet)
- Bacardi (or any other white rum), if you want this drink non-alcoholic (mocktail) just miss this out
- A big bowl of crushed ice (if you only have cubed ice, then put this in a clean tea towel and smash with a rolling pin until crushed)
- Divide the mint and lime wedges (saving some for decoration) into 3 glasses.
- Using a cocktail muddler or the end of a rolling pin, mash the lime and mint together so the juices are released.
- Fill the glasses about 3/4 of the way with crushed ice.
- Measure about 50ml of passionfruit syrup for each glass and pour in.
- Now add the bacardi/ white rum to the drink. You can use one or two shots depending on how strong you want the drink.
- Stir well with a cocktail stirrer or a long spoon, so that the alcohol is distributed well.
- Top up with lemonade and stir again. Try the drink. If it is not sweet enough then add more passion fruit syrup. If it is too sweet then add more lemonade.
- To serve, put a straw in each glass. Add lime wedges, mint and passion fruit halves to the top for decoration.