-3 large handfuls of fresh basil
-1 clove of garlic
-Extra virgin olive oil
-1 handful of pine nuts
-1 handful of parmesan cheese (use vegan cheese, if vegan)
- Ideally, get a pestle and mortar. If you do not have one, then you can just use a food processor or blender. Put the basil leaves, garlic clove and some salt and pepper into the mortar. Add only a few drops of olive oil, just to make it easier to mix together.
- Mash this up with the pestle until the basil is in very small pieces.
- Add the pine nuts to the mortar and mash again.
- Then add the parmesan and mash.
- Now add more olive oil, to reach the consistency that you want.