Oreo cupcakes with Oreo frosting
For the cake:
-12 muffin cases
-200g plain flour
-45g cocoa powder
-270g caster sugar
-3 heaped tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-2 eggs, whisked
-3 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
-360g icing sugar
-2 tsp milk
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-Chocolate Oreo bar
1) Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius.
2) Line a muffin tray with 12 paper cases. Twist the oreos and put half in each muffin case, the white side up.
3) Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, butter and salt in a bowl and mix until a fine consistency.
4) In a jug mix together the eggs, milk and vanilla extract.
5) Add this liquid slowly to the flour mixture, mixing well.
6) Crumble up the other 12 unused halves of Oreos and mix into the batter.
7) Put the cake mix into the cases.
8) Bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes. Once done, cool by taking out the cupcakes from the tray and putting them on a wire rack away from the oven.
9) Whilst this is baking, make your icing. Put the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk into a bowl and whisk until creamed together.
10) Add crumbed Oreos to this mix.
11) Frost the cakes and add 3 mini Oreos to the top of each cake. Also shave the Oreo chocolate bar on top, into flakes with a grater.